Monday, November 23, 2009

Online Shopping vs. In-Store Shopping

I have always done my holiday shopping in-stores, and I rarely shop online for other reasons as well but I will admit that online shopping does outweigh in-store shopping at times.

For example:
1) Some items you may be looking for may be out of stock or unavailable at the store you are looking in. Online, if a certain site is out of stock, just move on to the next store. What you want is always available somewhere online, not the same case when looking in stores.
2) Most online sellers will sell items at lower prices than retailers that have to cover rent or utility bills. Online base prices for items are most of the time lower than in stores, you must check what you are purchasing though and make sure it is not a refurbished item.

When it comes to shopping, your needs will determine whether online shopping or in-store shopping is better for you.
  • if you are looking for the best deal or best discount, do your shopping online. Even with shipping costs, its usually still less than shopping in stores.
  • if you are looking for something that you need to see, feel, or hear about in person from a sales person, shop in stores obviously where the item that you are looking to purchase is right in front of you.
These ideas work for shopping anytime but when it comes to Black Friday, the shoulder-shoulder stampedes, rush and struggle for the last item on the shelf... I will stick to shopping online for the items that I am sure about getting. Anything that I need to compare or try on sizes where I need to be in the store, I will wait until the following week or just get it done early. The online deals are usually just as good, if not better than the in-store Black Friday deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment