Tuesday, December 15, 2009
How is the Google Living Stories approach different than other news sources?
Google Living Stories approach news different than other news sources based on their delivery of the news itself. Google Living Stories provide the news and information to people in an extremely accessible and easy-to-use way. The most recent and important national and world news is all in one place, divided and organized so you can find what interests you and learn the newest developments. With the newspaper becoming less relevant in the lives of everyday people, online news is becoming more and more important. Although Google Living Stories is a relatively new idea with a completely different approach to providing news, the future of it seems to one day be a large part in everyday lives of people all over the world.
Do you think this approach to stories will help to reduce bias in the news? Why or Why Not?
I think this approach to news stories could go either way in reducing bias in the news. It could possibly increase the bias due to the partnerships created between news organizations and Google. It could also reduce bias in the news due to all of the different sources, opinions and input added to each story.
What features would you like to see added to Google's project?
A feature that would help the project would maybe be a section about how it affects normal people's everyday lives like college students and other young people. Sometimes I hear about news stories or breaking events and don't pay attention or feel the need to care about it that much because I don't know how it relates to me. So if I knew how these featured stories related to my life and affected me, I would care more about them and in return, feel the desire to read them more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment